By the end of this training session, the student will be familiar with IPv6 protocol and be capable to implement IPv6 network.
The course includes 2 days of hands-on training and intense lab workshops. Those students who take the course and pass the examination at the end of the course will receive full certification from MikroTik.
What is the target audience?
Network engineers and technicians wanting to deploy and support IPv6 based:
- Corporate networks
- Client CPEs (WISPs and ISPs)
- The duration of the training is 2 days
- The timings would be from 09:00 to 17:00 hours.
- The passing grade is 60%, if you pass the exam your certificate will be immediately available in your MikroTik account (PDF format)
- For those who score between 50-59%, will get a second chance. (Free of cost and the same day).
- We will send you the invitations to your email addresses once you confirm the payments. (make an account at mikrotik.com to enroll yourself for the training)
- Your names and particulars should be as on your previous certificates, be very careful about the capital letters (for example if you type your name as … azfar hameed khan… it will be printed on your certificate in the same way. So we suggest you type in subjective case or in capital letters)
- Please try the example test in your mikrotik.com account to get a better picture about the online exam.
- Please Note, We are not providing hotel stay.
- Every candidate must bring their own Router with at least 1 Wlan Interface, I suggest hap-Lites.
- Every candidate must bring their own several short UTP RJ45 cables and power extension cables.
- Every candidate must bring their own Laptop and mouse, Laptops must be Virus Free and fast enough to help you for faster browsing. (This is a very important, in previous trainings it happened a lot when the candidates couldn’t continue their exams, just because their laptops got stuck)
- On the last day of the training there will be an online exam of 60 minutes. (25 questions each.)
Section 1: Introduction to IPv6
- Differences between IPv4 and IPv6
- SLAAC IPv6 address creation (EUI-64)
- Unique local
- Special addresses
Section 2: IPv6 Protocol
- Stateless – SLAAC, DHCPv6
- Stateful – DHCPv6
- IPv6 prefix
Section 3: IPv6 Packet
- Header field description
- Next header (daisy chaining)
Section 4: IPv6 Security
- Router solicitation
- Router advertisement
- Neighbor solicitation
- Duplicate address detection
- Neighbor unreachability detection
- Neighbor advertisement
- Managed address configuration’ flag
- Other configuration’ flag
- Header only encryption (AH)
- Data only encryption (ESP)
- Header and data encryption (AH+ESP)
Section 5: Transition Mechanisms
- Dual stack (RIPE recommended)
- DS-lite (Dual stack lite)
Section 6: Interoperability
- DHCP PD server
- DHCP PD client
- DHCPv6 client
- Reverse DNS
- PPP IPv6 support
- Using global addresses as in IPv4
- Using link-local addresses as in IPv6
- RADIUS integration
- Policy routing
- DHCPv6 server
- Traffic generator
- Traffic flow
Muhammad Zishan Shaukat
MikroTik Certified Trainer
He is no doubt one of the best MikroTik trainer in the world. Has license to teach:
MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, MTCUME, MTCIPv6E, MTCINE.